Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Jarid - sized - void


So Jarid leaves today for New Zealand. Here's some background on my friend Jarid. We worked at the theater together in grade 12, and really hit it off when our respective best friends started dating. 3 years of climbing, movies, Scrubs and Peters drive-in milkshakes later, Jarid's leaving Calgary for a 6 month rowing adventure in Nelson, New Zealand. I wish him the best of luck!

Jarid helped get me through the first two years of nursing. He let me practice blood pressures and health assessment on him, and i'm really going to miss him this year when we start IV's! (Jarid has huge veins that you could hit with a dart from across the room, its AWESOME.) He let me vent at the end of a clinical day, and offered me a tequila sunrise after every health assessment class. With his adorable 4 year old cousin, i made an ugly Easter egg for him. We share an admiration of the Phantom of the Opera, Scrubs, Boondock Saints, and LOST. My mom's little Filipino friends are constantly in awe of his height. He's even enjoyed a good relationship with my typically uber protective father. I teased Jarid this week that i'm predisposed to enjoying pediatric clinical because i've been taking care of him for the past 3 years, and i'm used to looking after helpless things! But in reality, Jarid isn't helpless, though i do think this trip will test him. I'll most definitely miss him.

I'm open to anyone coming over to watch Scrubs, but you must know you can never fill the "Jarid-sized-void" in my life...that void is 6 foot 5.

1 Comments:

At 11/11/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

I miss that tall ass bugger too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home