Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Summer Summary


It's been almost a month! What has happened in that month? I worked full time either in the ICU or the OR, same as last month. I was scheduled for a 6 day vacation to go to Saskatchewan with my family for a relative's wedding. But i got called in for the first day and last day... so it was four days off, 6 days in a row. Then one day off. I "could" say no, but what with me paying tuition this year, and this being the last paycheque i'll get before school starts, i couldn't resist. So this past week CRAMMED with work and goodbyes. Sorry, i mean "see you laters", those are less painful. It was honestly a person a day. So to Barbara, Andrea, Sharon, Melissa, Ryan and Kevin, thanks for the kicken summer, and i'll see you later! Looking back, these six are among those who made my summer memorable and enjoyable, and i'm glad that we had this time together! The Margarita Mondays, the general mischief, the movies and the summer drives. And I'm VERY glad i have free long distance, once i update my phone with you're new numbers, i'll have lots of phone dates and reasons to visit exotic places, like Saskatoon and Langley! AND My Christmas party will be QUITE the reunion!
But it's time to turn around, get back into the learning mode, dust off the medical dictionary and my stethescope, and start school in a week! Third year nursing people! YIKES! This round i have a bit more of an idea of my specialty...i've chosen to start with a stint in the Intensive Care Unit, to gain some learning experience. I'd LOVE to get a graduate nurse position with them next summer! I want to get some solid nursing skills and experience under my belt before trying to travel, or trying for the Operating Room. As many people tell me, it's a good place to work when you're young and don't have a family to commit to yet. And it's the only time of your life when your body/mind can handle it. So that's the goal.
I'm VERY excited for people to come back here too! The highlights of this week will be seeing Jo hopefully in the near future, seeing Nurse Dani on Sunday, and somewhere in between, slowing down and catching up with Marisa! OH, and of course, the highlight will be Allie's wedding on Saturday! I'm definitely bringing kleenex, she's going to look so beautiful!
I hope everyone's transitions are going as well as mine this september...I guess it's not THAT much of a transition for me...my bank account is going to feel it more than me...and i'll still be working at a hospital around 4 times a week, which will be a nice change from the previous 8. Because you know you're at a hospital too much if the residents say you work too much :S.

2 Comments:

At 9/05/2006 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm stoked to see you on Sunday too! That is, if nothing more happens with my flight and all that crap...grrr...anyhow, totally looking forward to hearing about your summer, and Allie's wedding, awwww! Talk to you soon!

ps: random factoid about me...apparently I have near superhuman vision! Isn't that cool?! Almost makes up for the low seizure threshold...

 
At 9/10/2006 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hayley, I fricking miss you. Who the heck am I going to be sneaky with? We haven't been sneaky together in so long. Oh my goodness, this talk of your Christmas party makes me all excited inside. It's gonna be so good, dare I say the best one ever.

I am glad that you get to see Jo, and I am sad that I don't. I like her. Do me a favour... do something super nice for her and then tell her that I told you to do it for her, from me. Thanks man.

Ok. Now you say that you'll be coming to visit me. First of all, that is positively marvelous. Secondly, we are so going to a corn maze. Thirdly, there's bubble tea everywhere here. It's fantastic. Fourthly, we can go see Ryan and Ambur. Fifthly, maybe I'll have a job and HMV and I can get you discounts. Sixthly, you can sleep in my room. But I'm only allowed up to 3 nights. Seventhly, you are good looking and if I were a boy, I'd bring you milkshakes while you were working (hahaha). Eighthly, when you come, lets go hiking. Ninthly, make sure you bring rain gear. Rain happens a lot here. Tenthly, I think I should have written you an email because this comment is lengthy.

Eleventhly, talk to later, sweetpea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home