Thursday, June 08, 2006

I'm in the O.C.!!

That's right, Barbara and i are in the O.C. - Orange County California! No sight of the typical O.C. crowd, but we've onl been here fore 18 hours. We're staying with my mom's childhood best friend and her sisters and her son, and they're extremely hospitable...and short! LOL, loves the little Filipinos. Barbara and i were famished, so we had our first "in and out" burger on the way home. WOW, so cheap and good and greasy! $1.50 for a burger with all the fixings? we felt gross after though, SO greasy, and i kept thinking about medical sociology and inequality and poor nutrition in America, it was awesome. There's an incredible amount of fast food here, very sketchy. anyways, we visited Tita Brenda near San Diego, after spending a VERY long time in traffic, it's ridiculous, the freeways and overpasses and GRIDLOCK. Barbara and i both noticed the large number of SUV's here, its like everyone drives one! and there's typically just one person per car...makes me sad. We had a wonderful Filipino feast with Tita Brenda, Tita Jessie and Tita Chona, including Leche flan!! And as soon as we got to Tita Chona's house, they showed us where all the food was...of course! Fun plans for today, we'll update you further, but if you have a souvenier request, post a comment!
Love you all,
Hayley

2 Comments:

At 6/08/2006 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I totally have a souvenir request...please bring me Ryan Atwood from the OC. I'll share...drool...

 
At 6/08/2006 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I totally have a souvenir request...please bring me Ryan Atwood from the OC. I'll share...drool...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home