Saturday, July 22, 2006

a little bit of Tomfoolery never hurt anyone...



So, i start this post off on a high note:

I have the coolest friends ever.

I could brag about them for quite awhile. And i had an awesome week, largely because of them. First was Margarita Monday with Shandell, Drew, Melissa, Trevor, Andrea, Sharon and Stu. And it was fun because of the people there, NOT because of the mango-raspberry margaritas on special! Shan and i spoke our own language, (nostalgia with a large proportion of nursing lingo) and we all compared/contrasted work stressors and funny work stories. Then Tuesday Barbara was in town, and we hooked up for amazing lunch, then lunch with Shandell, Sharon, Shannon and Sarah downtown (yeah, felt a little outnumbered...)
And lunch with Jarid on Friday!
Then tonite after work, a surprize rendezvous with Cyler and Trevor and Melissa and Andrea, which was a ridiculous blast.
I sincerely pray that i never lose the ability to laugh at myself, or to lose myself in the moment. Location doesn't matter, (so long as it's reasonably safe), the availability of beverages of a recreational nature does not matter, just the company, and our willingness to just be goofy, if the situation calls for it. I love being with people who accept my giddy, random deviations from reality, whether it be squealing "Deli-man-joo!!!" and pulling Shandell over to the cream puff station, or playing shopping cart chicken in a parking lot. I love being with people who embrace and add to my need to get away from the seriousness of the OR/ICU.

I've seen some brutal things this summer, seen that people can be stupid, and malicious. I know i've gotten just a taste of mankind's propensity for evil, and that's left a slightly bitter taste in my mouth. But to the people who add so much to my life, you've made this summer that much sweeter.

2 Comments:

At 7/22/2006 2:51 AM, Blogger Cyler Parent said...

I agree, friends can be much fun. Like tonight, mwahahaha!

 
At 7/22/2006 5:53 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Hayley, did you get a hair cut? it looks good.
and, your a pretty damn rad friend too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home