Sunday, July 23, 2006

One leap forward...one step backwards.

So. Last week i got invited to the wedding of one of our OR educators. She's a beautiful nurse who has recently taken over the job of teaching the perioperative program (the course you need to take to become an OR nurse.) I was invited to go as the date of the other educator, Cal. Nice guy, we get along really well, and i had a really good time! The wedding was yesterday, in the intense dry heat of July in Calgary. And it was only slightly awkward...someone told Cal i was 22, when i am clearly 19. And someone also told me Cal has a thing for me, but i think that was just a rumor...and he's definitely eight years older than i am. And if i decide to be an OR nurse, Cal would be my teacher. How many ways can you spell awkward? But again, i had a blast, the other OR nurses were surprized but happy to see me there, and one of the doctors kept trying to buy me drinks. Fortunatly my Irish blood held true, and i didn't make a fool of myself. Funny thing though, the guy at our table, Ben, tried to guess my age, and he came up with 24 or 25!! So that was my leap forward, being seen as mature and beautiful in the eyes of my co-workers.

But the sad part came this morning. It was announced that our pastoral candidate has declined taking the role of our pastor. It just sucks...for those of you who don't know, my home church, which i love very much, has been pastor-less for the past 3 years. First we had a sort of "loaner pastor" from the Nazarene denomination that we were sort of a part of. But then we gave up with having a denomination, so they took him back, and we've been kind of floating around since then, with guest speakers and the awesome Dan Schuster speaking more than often. But for the first time we thought we had it together. This awesome pastor had already sold his house in Winnipeg and had preached at our Church and we'd had a picnic with him and his family and it just felt right. And i was excited to have a solid pastor. But no. It was not to be, and we are without again.

I know God has a shepherd in mind for His followers at Grace Community. We have a spirit of perseverance, i mean, we haven't had a pastor in 3 years. I thought my wait was over.

2 Comments:

At 7/23/2006 10:52 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

That really, bites!!

 
At 7/24/2006 11:17 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

ps.
CALL ME! please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home