Friday, November 10, 2006

Goo Goo Doll'd and Flat Tired

it's been an eventful few days! I got to drive through a blizzard to pick up Barbara from the airport, and then drive us through the skating rink that was Calgary to the Goo Goo Dolls concert! It was at the Jack Singer, so the sound quality was AMAZING! My only beef was that they didn't play "Here is Gone" or "Big Machine", but they did play alot of my favorites, and alot from their new album, Let Love In. Kevin also came into town for the big event, and Marisa joined us at the concert hall. It was a very emotional concert, though made more lighthearted by the two high kids in the front row. John Rzeznik brought them munchies, and asked if they woudl share their brownies, it was really funny.
Last night was my first hands on practical at the New Childrens Hospital. It's beautiful. And i love it. I love kids. The only drawback was that getting home was a gong-show for me and Dani. We hitched a ride with a fellow student nurse to the Foothills where my car was parked, after i used my indigo-chapters card to scrap off her windshield, sans gloves. It was a very chilly evening, and we were very thankful once we got to the hot red car. She made some funny noises as we drove out, but i thought it was just her warming up. But when she began to radically vibrate going up Shaganappi, i was forced to pull over where? Back at the new Children's hospital. Fortunately, it was only a flat tire, no rim damage to my knowledge, and the AMA guy was actually there within 20 minutes!
I'm actually thankful for the timing of this flat tire. It could have blown in the blizzard on Wednesday, leaving Barbara stranded at the airport and me without a cell phone and with a probable 5 hour wait for a tow truck during a blizzarding rush-hour. Or it could have blown on our way to the Goo Goo Dolls concert, on some icy street. Or it could have blown on our way to clinical, making us late for our first day. So really, good timing on the hott red car's part! All ended well, with Dani and i even making it home in time for the 11pm episode of ER!

3 Comments:

At 11/11/2006 12:55 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

You didnt change it yourself????

come on now!!

 
At 11/11/2006 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You almost missed ER????
Wow, that was a close one.

ps ryan is right. even i can change a tire

pps funny thing is, i couldn't change a tire before ryan taught me

ppps he teased me endlessly too

 
At 11/14/2006 3:01 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

oh barbara...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home