Wednesday, January 17, 2007

[Scrubs] + Hayley

This isn't new news. Everyone knows i love Scrubs. I possibly border on obsession with the show. Sometimes i wish i were a part of it (see above picture!) I liked it when it first came out, but admittedly didn't follow it until Jarid downloaded Seasons 1-5 on his laptop. We watched Scrubs together every given opportunity for months! I ended up buying Seasons 1-4, and you can typically find a Scrubs DVD in at least one of the players in our house. I watched Scrubs with Sharon, Melissa and Trevor for probably 4 of the precious 24 hours I spent with them in Edmonton. Scrubs made an appearance at my Christmas party this year. Jarid and i still keep in touch by sending eachother "Scrubs trivia" we thought up, ie: "What is the name of Turk and Carla's family doctor, the one makes all of his patients take off their pants, even for ear infections". I can make Scrubs references in almost any context. Dani and Dianna have now hilariously adopted the action "tap that". Me and Shandell spent an evening watching season 4 and drooling over the Colin Farrell guest appearance.

Scrubs is also my refuge. After a hard day at clinical or when something's bothering me, i turn to just a few episodes, for comic relief. My whole family loves the show, and we each got "[Scrubs] scrubs" for Christmas, ordered from the NBC online store. I've made my own [Scrubs] CD's, which prompted the re-glorification of the song "A little Respect" by Erasure. Colin Hay holds a place near my heart for "Waiting for my Real Life to begin" and "Overkill". I also know all the words to "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie. And my little brother and i have learned "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey on the piano. And i nearly had a Triple A when [Scrubs] was used in a nursing class last semester.

I love this show. Cyler once said that whenever i talk about work, he imagines me in an episode of Scrubs. I know you could write it off as an unrealistic, romanticized portrayal of life in a hospital with poor CPR technique, but i don't care. Scrubs makes up for the overdose of realism i get in the ICU and the lack of romance in the OR. Sometimes at the end of a particularly exhausting day, i need to be reminded:
"I can't do this all on my own; i'm no Superman!"

3 Comments:

At 1/18/2007 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha..tap that...why does that never, ever get old or feel inappropriate?

 
At 1/18/2007 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

 
At 1/20/2007 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I am obviously a complete idiot. It took me a few days to realize that there is nothing cool about shortening words in an attempt to create my own jargon. I will, from this point on, cease to post such blatantly stupid comments on the blogs of other people.

Also, looking back over what I wrote, I can clearly see that I sound like Napoleon Dynamite and his references to his clearly non-existent "numchuck" skills.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home