Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The way things work out...

So...long time no post! Apologies to anyone who still reads this thing...
I just wanted to discuss the way things work out. The "Big Picture" if you will. I was all disappointed about not getting to go to Birmingham. In hindsight, as much as i will still wonder what could have been, i'm VERY excited about what's going on now, and the way God's guiding things!
You see, to pay for Birmingham, i got a job as an Undergraduate Nurse. I could've coasted along, working as a Unit Clerk for the summer. But i needed bigger money, so i went for the big scary Undergrad job. And i've gotten so much more confident in my nursing skills! I know that i can handle scary situations, i can handle large patient loads, i can handle long hours and skipping breaks. I can handle full-time Nursing! WOOO!

Unless you're a nurse or nursing student, you have no idea how daunting the profession can be to an undergrad. But now i'm not as afraid to tack those RN letters to my name.

Also, i have the money to finish school, and to travel! I'm going to the Philippines next year! (Hopefully accompanied by a good friend...)

I'm also moving out next year! Without my undergrad job, i wouldn't have the financial resources to do that either! It all would've gone to Birmingham!

So i'm truly thankful for the way God continues to guide my life. And thankful for the people in it! There are many reasons for me to be happy here in Calgary :)

1 Comments:

At 1/11/2010 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home